Saturday, February 19, 2011

Q&A: What are some ways that writers shouldn’t use to start a story/book?



Your Ad Here



Writers
by Steve Rhodes

Question by Gangsta Spectre of Defeat, Yo!: What are some ways that writers shouldn't use to start a story/book?

What are some ways that writers shouldn't use to start a story/book?

Such as . . .

1.) Hi, my name is ----- and I'm ----- years old.
2.) That was the day my life changed.
3.) I ran/I'm running.
4.) It was a dark and stormy night.
[nana] :

What are you talking about? I'm asking about some ways people should not start stories, and I gave four examples.
5.) I looked in the mirror, and . . .




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by monkeydamour
"Whoops! Hence..."

If you want to see some real doozies, check out the "winners" in the Bulwer-Lytton (Bad) Fiction contest. Edward B.L. actually came up with, "It was a dark and stormy night..."





Add your own answer in the comments!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment