Saturday, January 22, 2011

How much ‘fantasy’ does it take for a book to actually be considered a fantasy?



Your Ad Here





Question by The Floo Network [Electric Feel now]: How much 'fantasy' does it take for a book to actually be considered a fantasy?

I mean I know some books have subtle fantasy elements but are not considered a fantasy.
SO when are books considered fantasy
Also what I'm trying to say is... does a fantasy HAVE to have magic, potions, charms, whatever to be a fantasy or can It just have say... the one fantasy creature to make it 'fantasy'

I'm curious.




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by K.K.
There is no "official" answer. In my opinion, true fantasy must be set in an entirely different world with some form of magic. Pseudo-fantasy is fantasy set in this world with fantasy elements (such as charms, potions, dragons, etc.) I consider Harry Potter to be pseudo-fantasy.





What do you think? Answer below!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment